- An item designed to be interposed between a cable and its support or housing to prevent chafing caused by contraction and expansion due to changes in the ambient temperature or damage or injury from outside sources.
- the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure); “they needed rugs to cover the bare floors”; “we spread our sleeping bags on the dry floor of the tent”
- A level area or space used or designed for a particular activity
- The lower surface of a room, on which one may walk
- a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale; “what level is the office on?”
- All the rooms or areas on the same level of a building; a story
- shock: surprise greatly; knock someone’s socks off; “I was floored when I heard that I was promoted”
floor cable protector – Fastlane FL1X1.5-B
Cable capacity1 channel
Cable channel dimensions0.5 x 1.5 inches/1.27 x 3.81 cm (W x H)
Maximum load capacity at 70 degrees F/21 degrees C1,050 lb./477 kg per tire
2,100 lb./954 kg per axle
Overall dimensions0.75 x 5.25 x 36 inches/1.9 x 13.33 x 91.44 cm (H x W x D)
Weight3 lb./1.4 kg
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Drop over cable protectors (also called cable covers or cord covers) protect cables, electrical cords, and hoses from wear and compression from pedestrian and vehicular traffic. They can also improve pedestrian safety by helping to decrease the risk of tripping over cables crossing paths or aisles. Drop over cable protectors are placed over cables lying on a floor or outdoor surface where people or cars are expected to pass. These protectors are shaped like trapezoids with an opening on the bottom (called the channel) for the cable or cord. Because they are open on the bottom, they are easy to deploy and pick up, but when used on rough surfaces, they do not protect cables from abrasion from below. Cable protectors are designed for use in public, commercial, and industrial applications where cables, cords, and hoses need to extend across an area pedestrians may pass or vehicles might drive over.
Checkers Industrial Safety Products manufactures and distributes a variety of products including cable management systems, wheel chocks, and warning whips for manufacturing, mining, aviation, military, construction, and entertainment applications. The company, founded in 1987, is headquartered in Broomfield, CO.
ersatz cable protector
Luckily I had a spare piece of aluminum corner trim and a reciprocating saw (a Girl’s Best Friend). It’s not pretty, but hey — it worked! 🙂
All Tangled Up…
Glasgow, Thursday 8th February 2007.